6L@ apollo

Welcome to 6L 2017

G6 Camp

G5 Camp

Welcome to our new page, all about…

GRADE 5 CAMP

It is important to keep checking this page as it will be updated regularly with important information and reminders.

Dont forget to check the clothing list that we distributed to you during the week.

Grade 5 Camp is at Halls Gap from Monday 27th May – Friday 31st May.

Don’t forget to give Miss May the names of your favourite songs to be played at the Disco. You can give her CDs or the music on a USB and she will download it and give it back.

You will be required to bring a costume to camp for our special dress up dinner. It would be a good idea to start thinking about what you might wear. The theme is something beginning with the letter of your grade, for example, 5M dresses as something beginning with M.

YES there is going to be a red faces night this year on camp and Miss Anderson is organising it! For those of you who don’t know, Red Faces is a talent show where students can enter by themselves or in a group and perform an act to everyone! If you would like to participate in Red Faces there are a few things you need to remember.

• Your act must be rehearsed and prepared for by the beginning of the camp. There will be no time during camp to practise.
  • You will not have extra time during class to prepare your act. These preparations need to be done in your own time.
  • If you are doing a dance then why not ask Mr. Rhodes if you can use his CD player at recess or lunchtime, as no students are allowed on the deck during recess and lunchtime.
  • All students need to bring their own music (if needed) and give to Miss Anderson (with their name on it AND song number) and they will need to bring any other items that are necessary for their act.
  • Remember that all acts and songs need to be appropriate – with the aim of entertaining the audience and making sure that everyone has a great time!

Also there needs to be a RED FACES HOST. This person will run the Red Faces competition and introduce each act. The Red Faces host will need to audition for this role. Auditions will be held next week on Wednesday 21st of May in Miss Anderson’s Room. If you have any questions come see Miss Anderson in room 36 or write a comment on her grade blog.

There will be sign up sheets out the front of Miss May and Mr. Richardson’s room for Red Faces Acts and for Red Faces Host Auditions.

What act have your decided to perform at camp?

If you are interested in bringing along a DVD that can be viewed on the buses on the way to or from camp it needs to be rated either ‘G’ or ‘PG’. DVDs need to be given to Mr Smith by Friday this week (May 24th). Can you please make sure that you have your name is on it so it is easy to return to you once we return from camp.

“G6 Camp”

1. June 14th, 2013 at 8:29 am      Reply Xiaolei Says:

Camp was my greatest challenge!

• June 16th, 2013 at 6:50 am      Reply gayleatapollo Says:

I was very proud of all your achievements on camp Xiao Lei. Your behaviour was excellent as well. Good job. I hope you go again next year!
      from Miss L

• June 16th, 2013 at 6:53 am      Reply gayleatapollo Says:

Hey there Xiao Lei. Remember to have a look at the Blogging Guidelines so that you can use the blog well. There are some things that you need to check before I reply to them. This saves me time and makes sure you are doing a good job. Remind me to go through the Guidelines with everyone at school. That way everyone will be good at doing it. I love that you have been on the page. Well done.
      From Miss L

• June 20th, 2013 at 1:25 pm      Reply Imandi Says:

Hey Xiao Lei,
      It is great that you had a great first camp! What was your favourite activity?

2. June 14th, 2013 at 8:31 am      Reply Xiaolei Says:

I like Red Faces, the disco, and the DVD called ‘The Princess Bride’.

3. June 16th, 2013 at 10:02 pm      Reply Stephanie Says:

Hi Ms Lovelace,
    GREAT BLOG!!

4. June 16th, 2013 at 10:04 pm      Reply Stephanie Says:

Sorry I didn’t send the whole message! Anyway, how was your weekend? Have fun? I watched After Earth. It was amazing!

See you at school,
    Stephanie

5. June 19th, 2013 at 9:36 pm      Reply Stephanie Says:

Hi Ms. Lovelace,
    Can’t wait to do my conference!!!!
    Hope you’re ready for 24 children’s portfolios!

See you soon,
    Stephanie